Contract Mining Open Pit Gold
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably experienced CAT and Liebherr Excavator Maintenance Supervisors to join our team in West Africa. A fantastic expatriate opportunity, we seek self-motivated people with the ability to lead the delivery of technical support, build relationships across the business and continue to develop the skills and knowledge in National personnel.
As the Excavator Maintenance Supervisor you will report directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and will ensure that the Excavator Maintenance remains in compliance with the AMS Maintenance Plan by providing technical advice in line with the OEM standard.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Train and mentor national employees in Excavator maintenance best practices
- Ensure all excavator maintenance is carried out as per AMS maintenance plan
- Analysis of information relating to excavator maintenance and productivity
- Maintaining high level responses to resolve technical issues which improve productivity of the Companies excavator fleet
- Prepare weekly, monthly, yearly maintenance plans for excavators
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate a successful career history in large scale mining operations including:
- Trade Certificate in Heavy Duty Equipment
- Supervisory certificate
- At least 5 years working experience with CAT and/or Liebherr excavators
- Knowledge in Open Pit mining techniques
- Strong Focus on safety- First Aid Certificate regarded
- High standard of communication skills
- Patience in training, communicating and monitoring subordinates under your supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time to produce results
- Able to think laterally with restrictions associated with working in Africa
- Experienced in working in Africa or an Under-developed country
- Fluent command of the French language is highly regarded
We will offer a competitive expatriate package comprising of salary, travel, messing, accommodation and insurance on single status. Work rosters will be offered on 7 weeks in Africa, 3 weeks R & R with travel to your point of hire.
Genuine candidates who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply direct to this advertisement.