Perenti, formerly Ausdrill Group Ltd, is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies provid ing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
BTP forms part of the Perenti Group and is one of Australia’s largest suppliers of new and used parts and equipment for hire and sale. BTP has supported the mining, earth-moving, and construction industries for over 30 years.
BTP Group‘s Hazelmere, Western Australia branch currently has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and trade certified Machinist/Manual Lathe Operator to join a busy workshop.
The prime function of this role is to carry out repairs to earthmoving equipment and related products including hydraulic cylinders and components.
- Trade Certificate is essential
- Experience working with Manual Lathes, Milling and Line Boring Machines
- Experience working on Caterpillar & Komatsu components repairs and hydraulic cylinders
- CNC Lathe (Okuma), CNC Horizontal (Fanuc Control), Vertical Borer experience is an advantage
- Current Drivers Licence
- FL & DG licence an advantage.
What to Expect:
- Operate machinery required to repair earthmoving equipment, components and related products including Manual Lathe, Milling Machine and vertical Borer operations
- Mentoring apprentices
- Ensure machines are all running productively, monitoring set up & down times to produce parts as efficiently as possible
- Liaise with Leading Hand/Senior Programmer to order tooling required for the job
- Adhere to all Perenti/BTP OH&S regulations
- Other duties as required.
What we offer:
Perenti Group promotes a collaborative culture. Advantages of our Employee Benefits program acknowledges our employees include:
- Professional development opportunities
- Extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits plus much more
- Our unique employee crisis fund
- Salary sacrificing arrangements
- Employee referral bonus
- Plus, lunch provided for every Friday.
We are guided by our Group principles: no shortcuts, never wasteful, walk in their shoes, smarter together, and enable tomorrow.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants.