Perenti is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
BTP forms part of the Perenti group and is one of Australia’s largest suppliers of new and used parts and mining equipment for hire and sale. BTP has supported the mining, earth-moving, and construction industries for over 30 years
Highly motivated and driven HSE Advisor now required to joining the BTP team to implement and maintain safe work practices across the Hazelmere workshops over a Fixed 6 month contract on a full time basis.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the successful candidate will be passionate about safety, have sound ability to solve any problem and deliver safety implementations with a high level of communication.
- Attainment of Certificate IV or Diploma in OHS and TAE
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Possess a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Proven experience in providing leadership and coaching to employees
- Experience with Auditing and inspections
- Possess the ability to interpret legislation, conduct workplace inspections, surveys, audits and apply Australian Standards / Codes of Practice
- High level time management and conflict resolution skills
- Intermediate Computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook
- MYOSH Experience preferred
- Cert IV Training and Assessment highly desirable
- Experience with ICAM as well as Drug and Alcohol Testing highly desirable
What to Expect:
- Facilitate and document risk assessments, incident investigations and maintain records
- Maintain suitable work practices that minimise or eliminate risks
- Liaise with clients on HSE matters under the direction of the HSE Group Manager and the Operation Managers, including attending and participating in meetings and audits
- Participate in the business in our on-going Continuous Improvement programs
- Provide positive leadership in the business by developing a strong safety culture in accordance with Perenti’s ONE SAFE ALL SAFE program
What We Offer:
Perenti Group promotes a collaborative culture. Advantages of our Employee Benefits program acknowledges our employees include:
- Extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits plus much more
- Our unique employee crisis fund
- Salary sacrificing arrangements
- Employee referral bonus
We are guided by our Group principles: no shortcuts, never wasteful, walk in their shoes, smarter together, and enable tomorrow.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants.