Perenti, formerly Australia Group Ltd, is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
BTP forms part of the Perenti Group and is one of Australia’s largest suppliers of new and used parts and equipment for hire and sale. BTP has supported the mining, earth-moving, and construction industries for over 30 years.
Exciting new opportunities exist with the BTP Group for keen, energetic and committed individuals looking to pursue a challenging, stimulating and rewarding heavy duty mechanic trade upgrade. As part of this initiative you will undertake bridging training to obtain your HD trade certificate and gain the necessary experience to successfully operate as a HD mechanic.
*please note this is NOT a FIFO Role.
- A 24 month program that consists of classroom based learning and on-the-job training
- Full time - permanent employment
- A long term career path within the mining industry – Expect More and see where BTP & Perenti can take you!
- Safety focussed
- Committed to meet all study requirements related to obtaining your HD trade certificate
- Trade Qualification AUR (automotive trade)
- Minimum 2 years post LV trade preferred
- Current driver’s licence
- Forklift and dogging desirable but not essential
- Genuine interest in working on heavy-duty earth moving and mining equipment.
What to expect:
- Attend studies in the field of heavy-duty mechanical engineering
- Carry out on-the-job training in our heavy-duty component and mining equipment workshops
- Repair and maintain a range of components from mining equipment including CAT, Komatsu, and Hitachi
- Complete parts requisitions for parts required to carry out repairs and maintenance.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
- Follow all BTP Group policies & procedures.
What we offer:
Perenti Group promotes a collaborative culture. Advantages of our Employee Benefits program acknowledges our employees include:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits plus much more
- Our unique employee crisis fund
- Salary sacrificing arrangements
- Employee referral bonus
- Plus, lunch provided for every Friday.
We are guided by our Group principles: no shortcuts, never wasteful, walk in their shoes, smarter together and enable tomorrow.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants.