Perenti is an Australian ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining, and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients across the globe. This role is working for Perenti’s Surface Mining business, African Mining Services (AMS).
Ausdrill Group now seek to engage a suitably experienced Category Specialist to join the groups fast paced procurement team for a full-time permanent contract.
The Category Specialist’s role is to lead and manage each phase of the contract life cycle with the objective to extract the best value for the procurement of contracted goods and services whilst meeting the customer’s requirements and ensuring adherence to all statutory requirements and Company standards and procedures.
Key Responsibilities include by not limited to:
- Manage contract categories as allocated by Sourcing Manager
- Analyse spend data to identify contract opportunities
- Develop and lead contract sourcing events including
- Conduct research to identify market conditions in preparation for tender
- Liaise with customers to understand scope of requirement
- Prepare tender and release to identified suppliers
- Evaluate tenders received from suppliers
- Negotiate pricing and contracts terms and conditions with suppliers in consultation with legal
- Prepare recommendation to award and ensure approval is in accordance with the companies’ procedures and delegation of authority
- Execute contract in accordance with the companies’ procedures and delegation of authority
- Conduct contract hand-over to customer
- Record any savings in the system as provided
- Create and maintain contracts within Coupa system
- Perform contract management to ensure full value is extracted from contracts
- Evaluate contract price reviews to ensure they align with the contract terms and conditions and obtain approvals in accordance with the companies’ procedures and delegation of authority.
To be successful in this role you will have.
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the Mining Industry
- Experience in undertaking complex procurement and contract management activities across a range of goods and services in a large organisation.
- Highly developed capacity to work collaboratively with diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to conduct deep dive analysis, particularly relating to spend and performance metrics
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting priorities and demanding timelines
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and application of strategic thinking in the areas of procurement and contract management.
- High competency level in spreadsheet and word processing software packages
The successful applicant will be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team with a leading Contract Mining Company. We promote an inclusive and collaborative culture at Perenti. Our Employee Benefit program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts and travel/accommodation benefits as well as our unique Ausdrill Way employee crisis fund.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants