Perenti, formerly Ausdrill Group Ltd, is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
BTP forms part of the Perenti Group and is one of Australia’s largest suppliers of new and used parts and equipment for hire and sale. BTP has supported the mining, earth-moving, and construction industries for over 30 years.
BTP are looking for driven and focused HD Plant Mechanics that are ready to take the next step into a workshop leading hand role. The successful candidate will embark on a training and development program to learn how to communicate effectively as a workplace leader, mentor a team, lead effectively and develop work priorities among other units.
Reporting to the Equipment Workshop Supervisor as part of the front-line leadership team, the successful candidate’s prime function will be to lead the repairs and maintenance section providing hands on guidance and assistance to the mechanics and apprentices.
- Appropriate Automotive or Engineering Trade Certificate essential
- Minimum 5 years post trade experience.
- Caterpillar experience essential.
- Firm understanding of CAT SIS & ET systems, MS Excel and MS Word
- LF & DG essential
What to Expect:
- Promote workplace safety
- Perform the duties as required of a mechanic
- Mentor staff under your direct supervision and lead by example
- Execute on the production plan to maintain job continuity
- Maintain high quality standards within the team
- Promote and support continuous improvement
- Responsibly administer delegated authority
What We Offer:
Perenti Group promotes a collaborative culture. Advantages of our Employee Benefits program acknowledges our employees include:
- Funded training & development to obtain a Certificate IV in Leadership
- Extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits plus much more
- Our unique employee crisis fund
- Salary sacrificing arrangements
- Employee referral bonus
- Plus, lunch provided for every Friday.
We are guided by our Group principles: no shortcuts, never wasteful, walk in their shoes, smarter together, and enable tomorrow.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants.