We have an opportunity for an in-house legal counsel, with 5+ years’ post admission experience, to assist in providing advice on a range of legal, compliance and corporate governance services to the Company and its subsidiaries.
Based in Canning Vale, Western Australia, the role has a broad and varied scope covering commercial and legislative issues, and reports to the Group General Counsel & Company Secretary. The role is responsible for: providing legal counsel for group companies to support and protect their interests; ensuring compliance with legal and statutory requirements; and providing legal advice to senior management.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working autonomously with all levels of the Company to:
- provide proactive and efficiently delivered legal services
- anticipate legal exposures and brief key internal stakeholders
- provide advice to senior stakeholders within the Group across a diverse range of legal issues
- Providing and managing complex advice on legal and regulatory issues in consultation with the Group General Counsel and external counsel as required
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting legal documentation and agreements
- Assisting in the management of claims, disputes and litigation
- Coordinating with external legal advisers, and other service providers as required
- Monitoring developments and changes to the legal and regulatory environments within which the organisation operates
- Supporting with the management of the Company’s insurance program
- Providing company secretarial support
- Qualified legal practitioner admitted to practice in Australia and holding a current unrestricted practising certificate
- Good commercial acumen, and strong drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills
- Experience in corporate and commercial law, and good knowledge of the mining industry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with persons at all levels in the Company
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as collectively, and the ability to manage external lawyers
- The ability to work with other as an effective team member
- Employment experience in the mining services or the mining industry
The Perenti Group strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer; Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
If you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy, we encourage you to apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date CV and supporting documentation.