Perenti is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
Due to growing our International Operations, Perenti Group now seeks to engage a suitably experienced and motivated International Recruiter. You will recruit primarily for Expats to work in our African Operations as well as experienced Nationals within Africa but will extend to other countries over time. You will be responsible for the end to end recruitment including Sourcing, Selection, Contract Negotiations, Visa Management and Mobilisation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of prior work experience in recruiting for Africa and experience in recruiting for mining operations. You should have excellent communication skills and preferably bi-lingual in English and French as many of our sites are in Francophone countries.
- Meet with managers to discuss staffing needs
- Create recruitment materials
- Post jobs to the appropriate places – job boards, Social Media etc.
- Understand and guide leaders and candidates through complex Expat compensation and tax impacts of Expat Salaries
- Navigate complex Visa laws and processes across multiple countries
- Liaise with the African HR ad Operational teams to ensure smooth entry into the country for new employees
- Provide recruiting reports
- Build relationships with candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with others
- Strong decision-making skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Preferably bi-lingual – English & French
- Be flexible in your working hours to accommodate Africa time when required
As a Company, we promote a collaborative culture at Perenti. Our Employee Benefit program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts and travel/accommodation benefits as well as our unique Ausdrill Way employee crisis fund.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.