We are currently seeking the services of an experienced Mine Planning Engineer to join the team in Canning Vale.
The primary function of the Mine Planning Engineer is to develop and optimize mine plans for use in tendering activities, as well as operational projects. Reporting to the GM – Technical Services, you will demonstrate the core values of zero harm, respect and integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and operational excellence.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and submission of tenders, budget prices, variations and expressions of interest;
- Liaising with Ausdrill management and clients on all pricing issues as they arise;
- Ensure all QA documentation is correct and stored accordingly;
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to the Company’s continuous improvement plan;
- Maintain high level of communication.
- Review bid documents;
- Define methodologies;
- Estimate and review current productivity, equipment and manpower requirements;
- Estimate capital and operating costs, from first principles;
- Schedule estimates, projects and resources;
- Preparation and maintenance of tender documents including contract language;
- Conduct site visits as required (both local and internationally)
- Performance analysis for tasks within the mining cycle;
- Liaison with industry suppliers to maintain current price database.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Mining engineering qualification – Degree or Technical Diploma
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Mining industry
- Skilled and preferably certified in professional engineering principles and methods
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly related to contract mining services
- Demonstrated understanding of project costs and operating performance
- Computer skills:
- Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Surpac or similar mine planning tool
- Industry research protocols
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Physical Requirements:
- Availability for international travel at short notice as required.
- Ability to travel by car, light plane or airline as necessary to reach sites.
As a Company, we promote a collaborative culture at Ausdrill. Our Employee Benefit program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts and travel/accommodation benefits as well as our unique Ausdrill Way employee crisis fund.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
If you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy, we encourage you to apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date CV and supporting documentation.