African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited, a publicly listed Australian Company (ASX: ASL).
We are seeking a suitably experienced Mining Load and Haul Superintendent to join our team in West Africa. You will be responsible for assisting management in coordinating and supervising both Load and Haul and Drill Blast mining activities in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and provide support with the goal of achieving target production in the load and haul and drill blast mining operations.
- Ensure that production and drill blast employees are deemed competent, permitted and appropriately authorized prior to operating machinery.
- Competency to lead, organize, develop and monitor a team of production and drill blast employees in delivering specialist contract mining and efficient services to the client.
- Promote team building within the workforce.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in direction of the works and in personal conduct.
- Assess risks and hazards associated with tasks and methods to manage the hazards to prevent incidents, injury and damage during production.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of hazards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of all corrective actions from all health, safety and environmental (HSE) audits.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate a successful career history in large scale mining operations including:
- At least 7 years of working experience in the mining industry and 5 years at a superintendent/senior supervisory level
- Sound knowledge of pit configuration
- Working knowledge of ancillary, haulage equipment performance, capabilities,
- Current Heavy Duty and Equipment Driver’s License an advantage
- Excellent Superintendent skills combined with effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exemplary all-round operating skills an advantage
- French and English skills would be highly regarded
We will offer a competitive expatriate package comprising of salary, travel, messing, accommodation and insurance on single status. Work rosters will be offered on 7 weeks in Africa, 3 weeks R & R with travel to your point of hire.