Perenti is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.
MinAnalytical, part of the Perenti group of companies, is a quality-focused, independent analytical service company providing a range of geochemical and precious metals analysis to the minerals exploration and mining industry.
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Technical Manager to join the MinAnalytical team. You will manage the day-to-day operation and management of the company’s technical and quality competency to meet our strict production and quality requirements. This role is a key contributor to the management of all quality deliverables and operations within the laboratory.
Key responsibilities of the role but not limited to:
- Manage the Technical teams to ensure all analytical instrumentation, method development and validation are completed and meet the laboratories compliance with respect to ISO/IEC 17025 and NATA accreditation.
- Proactive interaction with the department heads to ensure all procedures are followed and up to date to reflect current practices and production deadlines are met.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations with regards to performance, quality, and turnaround around the facility
- Assist QA/QC in the review of results, reporting to customers including troubleshooting of quality concerns, and chairing monthly QA/QC meetings with customers.
- Ensure all reporting needed on the technical matter is produced for customers and the business meeting all quality standards
- Work with the team to determine equipment and technology meet the operating specifications and requirements of the business raising capital requests as needed
- Assist with quotes and tenders as required
To be considered for the role, you will need the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Applied Chemistry
- Experience in working in Mineral Analysis Laboratories highly preferred.
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite including hands-on experience in Word and Excel.
- Proven experience liaising with multiple stakeholders within a large organisation, including both internal and external stakeholders.
- High emotional IQ with demonstrated ability to engage others, including Leadership and operations staff
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
As a Company, we seek high-performing resilient employees and promote a collaborative working culture. Our Employee Benefits program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits, flexible working opportunities, and parental leave provisions.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Agencies need not apply on behalf of candidates.